AAC and the 2Learn.ca Education Society are once again participating in a collaborative partnership, funded by a grant from Alberta Education. Through a variety of technology mediated processes, this project supports Jurisdictional Technology Contacts and other lead individuals who are working to support teachers in the classroom. A series of free, 45 minute webinars linking assessment and technology have been delivered this year, with two more remaining before the end of the 2013-2014 school year.
Past webinar topics have included:
- Mobile Devices: More than Apps
- Digital Feedback Tools
- Data Collection Tools: What Do They Really Tell You?
- Infographics: Don't Be Fooled by Appearances
- Digital Forms and Assessment
Please note: Webinar support materials can be found on the AAC website with additional resources being posted as they become available. Check back often for updates.
April 23, 2014, 3:45 - 4:30 PM - Your Learning Story Done Differently: ePortfolios in the Classroom
- This is not your typical ePortfolio session. In this session we will share a variety of tools, strategies and principles that teachers can use to help students personalize their ePortfolio stories. Participants will learn how students can share their stories using tools that complement their learning styles and mobile lives. NOTE: To register for this webinar, please click on the webinar title above.
May 14, 2014. 3:45 - 4:30 PM - Visual Thinking Tools/Assistive Technology
- Assistive technology can be a powerful tool in the classroom that supports the success of all learners. In this webinar we will look at one form of Assistive Technology, visual thinking tools, and explore how VTT’s can help students organize their thinking and provide a gateway for students to express what they know, what they can do, and what they understand. NOTE: To register for this webinar, please click on the webinar title above.